How excellent [is] thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. Psa. 36:7 KJV
* First of all I want to say how thankful I am to The Lord for His Grace and Mercy. Without His Grace and Mercy I would be totally lost. He has been so good to me and my family. Even in the midst of trials, He is always there. My faith and trust are in Him.
* I am thankful for my children, for the love they so freely give. Even when I fail them they have their arms wide open for a hug. I am thankful for the help my boys give us, with all of our older girls gone and married, having a 22 month old "Squirt" at home can be a very busy life when I work full time and try to keep up with the household chores. They are very helpful.
* I am thankful for my loving husband who is beyond patient with me! I seem to slack often when it comes to a decent meal on the table for him, but he doesn't complain, he just helps out. He takes up the slack for me where I can't get things done, even with his health issues, he is there and ready to do whatever needs to be done.
* I am thankful for friends that are there when you need them. Without my most faithful friend, I don't know what I would have done all these years that things have been difficult. She has always been there, no matter what time of day or night, she listens and helps me out of the dumps!! And she helps me with "Squirt" beyond mention!!
* I am thankful for my job, although it is time for a new job, I am thankful that I do have this one for now.
* I am thankful for a wonderful Pastor and his Wife that are always there to pray for us, listen and to encourage. I am so glad they follow after God and His word to preach the Gospel to us without compromise!
Monday, May 28, 2007
Today is Memorial Day 2007. For many, a reminder of our loved ones who are no longer with us in the present, but dearly remembered in our hearts. As another Memorial Day comes and goes, I need to remember that God should always be first and foremost in my life. Life is short, and if I am not right with God, then all of my life would be in vain. I sometimes need a gentle reminder from God that no matter what situations come my way, He is there to help me through, I just have to allow Him to take control.
We give honor and thanks to those Soldiers who have and still do today, serve this Country so that we can lay our heads on our pillows at night and feel safe and secure. Thank God for a Free and Safe Country, and thanks to those who serve to keep it that way. May God Bless you and your families.
Posted by Saved By Grace at 7:09 AM
Saturday, May 12, 2007
First of all, I wanted to mention that I am a garage sale nut. I love to find great bargains at garage sales. Never know what someone else may not want anymore that I amy want, or need!!! We have been needing a new countertop in our kitchen for quite a while, and I would much rather get a great bargain than pay full price!!. Especially when finances are on the tight side. So, this morning the kids and I went on our garage sale hunts and there was a nice looking countertop bigger than what we need, which of course Michelle said, "Use extra piece for the other side of counter"..... duh here. But it's a perfect idea!! Anyhow, the countertop is in great shape, and hubby just needs to cut it to fit. God is so awesome and always knows what we need and want!!! Pray we find a "cheap" sink to go with it. :-) Well, Michelle picked it up for us and now it awaits being cut to fit. Yeah!! I also got Joanna, a.k.a "Squirt" a kitchen set for a great price!! Photo will be posted soon.
Posted by Saved By Grace at 3:55 PM