Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Family Favorite Recipe

I just wanted to share a recipe with you all that I borrowed from Here at Finding Joy in My Kitchen. My family has decided this is their favorite!! Even Squirt asks for seconds and thirds if I would let her!! LOL They love it and it is perfect for this cooler weather we are having. I have tweeked it just a little bit. The changes I made are: I totally omitted the butter, I used shredded carrots, (had these on hand) I used 1 whole red onion instead of minced onion (we love onion) skim milk to keep the fat out and 1 large can sliced mushrooms. This cooks up so good. And makes plenty for my big eaters and lots of left overs.

2 comments:

By the grace of God ... said...

Do you use the canned crescent rolls? How do you make the top? Curious if my guys would eat this, I know Lexi and hub probably would.

Saved By Grace said...

I use the light biscuits instead of the crescents just because that is what I had on hand. They love it. Biscuits get nice and crunchy on top. Jo loves it. Proud to say, "Daddy I made a happy plate"! LOL