Friday, October 26, 2007

God's Blessings!

First of all I want to say sorry for being out of the net for so long! It has been a rough couple of weeks. Between sickness, (icky flu) with all of us, and then pink-eye to top it all off, and dealing with other issues, I have not made time to blog. I have been reading when I had a chance, but just not in the mood to write. Maybe afraid of what I may put down, not material for blogging.

Psa 37:5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring [it] to pass.

This verse of scripture is so true!! We have been praying about some situations that needed to be taken care of, and once again, God has proved His faithfulness!! Even though I have a tendency to stress, God comes in right on time! He knows our every need and He hears our prayers.

Things have been pretty rough lately in the financial area, too rough actually. But God has made a way. We had MinPin puppies we were trying to sell and it seemed like the devil just kept blocking every effort we were making to get them sold. We were putting them on Cr*ig L*st and people with attitudes kept flagging our ads. We didn;t have the $ to advertise them in the local newspaper like we usually do, so we kept trying and trying. Praying and praying, and I asked Michelle to Please Pray! Well, we sold them both. With this we were able to take care of a very needed issue, get some groceries, (necessities) and take a shopping trip to CVS. Thanks to Michelle and all the information from Money Saving Mom I was able to start my journey on saving money while obtaining lots of needed items. Michelle helped me out, as I was a chicken to use the coupons!! "Grins" It was a real blessing for me. It really works. Michelle kept telling me it works, and I believed her, I was just scared to attempt it. I know on my own I would have messed it up!! I am looking forward to more savings with coupon clipping and money saving blessings. On such a tight budget, saving money is wonderful! Now if I could get the wisdom I need to feed my family on $35.oo a week like Money Saving Mom I would be much better off. I am excited about this new journey. Below are my first savings adventures: which by the way was a lot of fun!

First trip (No ECB's to start with)
3 Tylenol 100 Tabs @ 8.69 Each = 26.07
-CVS coup 4/20
-CVS coup 2/10
- 3 $5.00 Tylenol Coup Here
total OOP with tax was $6.54 but I earned $10.00 ECB's

Next trip click here
And My late night trip last night consisted of this

Although this trip did not come as easy as the other two, I had some opposition with the cashier. For some reason the Maalox tabs did not ring up the ECB's, therefore with a little persistence, I actually ended up with $5.00 ECB's and $9.00 in gift cards. I am looking forward to more wonderful shopping trips and savings!

2 comments:

Sondra said...

I was wondering why you have not been posting. I do hope you are all feeling better. I so understand the burden of financial hardship. Coupons are a great way to save if you are careful not to buy something that you really don't need just because you have a coupon. I also have some great Amish recipe books that I use. The recipes are so simple and very cheap and they go a long way. I just love them.
I wonder too- are you familar with crown.org? The are a wonderful ministry to help Christian people with financial issues. I just ordered some workbooks from them last week.
Also wanted to tell you- I did not realize that I was supposed to pass on the spirit of Christmas award you passed on to me. When I clicked on that link it made no sense to me on how to do that.
I will try to figure it out this weekend and I will be sure to pass it on.

Saved By Grace said...

Sondra,

Please pray for my dear friend Michelle at http://www.crooksters.blogspot.com/. I posted prayer request on my blog this am. Thanks and God bless!!!